- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups rolled oats 500 mL
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 250 mL
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed 125 mL
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar 75 mL
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon 5 mL
- 1 cup raisins , chocolate chips or your favorite dried fruit 250 mL
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/3 cup honey 75 mL
- 1 egg, beaten 1
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup applesauce 60 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
1 Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Oil a 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking pan.
2 In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, flax seed, brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, sunflower seeds and salt. Make a well in the center; set aside.
3 In a small bowl, combine honey, egg, canola oil, applesauce and vanilla. Add liquid ingredients to well and mix. Pat the mixture evenly into a prepared pan.
4 Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.