Green beans are so much more vibrant when paired with tangy sumac and lemon. Skip the whole boiling water routine and just sauté the beans in evoo with a sprinkling of garlic.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced and then slices cut into quarters
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice from ½ lemon
- 3 teaspoons sumac
- 3 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Garnish: sumac
1. Heat a large sauté pan, lightly coated with evoo, over medium-high heat. Sear lemon slices for just a minute until they begin to brown. Add green beans, garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté until beans begin to cook through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add zest, juice, sumac, and parsley. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes until beans are tender but not mushy.
3. Transfer beans to platter and garnish with additional sumac.