You will have plenty of this delicious aioli to bind my Bahn Mi Salmon patties and to schmear on the bun as a condiment and you can use it for other foods too.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups ServingsServings
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon- style mustard
- 3 teaspoons of water
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger; I use my Microplane to grate the ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a Microplane
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons favorite hot sauce, optional
- 2 cups best quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Place egg yolks, mustard, water, ginger, garlic, lime juice and hot sauce, if using, in a food processor or non-reactive stainless steel mixing bowl or a glass bowl. Pulse or whisk together until smooth.
2 Slowly add oil drop by drop into the bowl while continually whisk- ing or processing. The mixture should resemble mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3 The aioli can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.