This is from my book, Hip Kosher. They are delicate and fluffy, a nice contrast to heavier potato latkes. And the lemon gives it a refreshing flavor. I serve these as snacks, for hors d'oeuvre and also brunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1-1/3 cups dry curd cottage cheese, pot cheese or farmer cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter for griddle
1. Combine the cottage cheese, eggs, milk, and lemon peel in a bowl.
2. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine ingredients.
3. Heat a griddle or saute pan over medium heat and add a small amount of butter. When the butter has melted and looks foamy, working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
4. Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.