After peeling potatoes, placing them in a bowl and covering them with cold water will keep them from oxidizing. Drain potatoes before using.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servingsServings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and sliced
- 1 (32-ounce) box broth, chicken or vegetable
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 large potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a 4- to 6-quart pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, shallots, and leeks. Stir, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and thyme; cover and bring to a boil.
2. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper; mix well and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Purée soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW