- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 large leeks, cut small
- 2 Spanish onions, cut small
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3 scallions, diced
- Fresh dill, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
1. Cut the leeks and onions into small pieces, and sauté in 1 tablespoon butter until soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Add hard-boiled eggs, 6 tablespoons butter, bread crumbs, scallions, and dill.
3. Then add raw eggs and salt; mix well.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pot, and add the leek mixture.
5. Cover well, and bake ½ hour at 350° F.
Tip: For best results, sauté the leeks and onions slowly over a low flame. It will take about 20 minutes.
Recipe reprinted from The Vilna Vegetarian Cookbook by Fania Lewando.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2015. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.