- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 8 oz. Medium Shells, Elbow Macaroni or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 15- oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 11- oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 2 1/4- oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 3/4 cup non-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. hot or mild salsa
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions
2 Drain and rinse under cold water; drain again.
3 Toss with oil and sprinkle with cumin.
4 Salt to taste.
5 Layer pasta, beans, corn, bell pepper, green onions and olives in a 2 1/2- to 3-qt.
6 straight-sided glass bowl.
7 In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream and salsa; mix well.
8 Spread mixture evenly over top of pasta, sealing to edge of bowl.
9 Sprinkle with cilantro
10 Cover bowl tightly and chill overnight.
Source: National Pasta Association