Ever tried some kosher bacon on your Chanukah latkes? Use your crispy latkes as a base for a new kind of BLT for a special treat this holiday.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 packages Grow and Behold Beef Bacon
- 1 Beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 2 - 3 leaves green lettuce or arugula, chopped
- Horseradish aioli or mayo
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 2 - 3 chives, finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1 batch latkes (use your favorite recipe, or try link above)
1. Fry bacon in a large frying pan. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and allow to cool and drain (bacon will crisp up as it cools).
2. Make latkes (try these). Fry latkes in remaining bacon fat – add additional oil if necessary. Latkes should be slightly larger than your tomato slices, so adjust as needed.
3. If you want to add a fried egg (making this a more substantial meal), fry eggs next. Make sure pan is hot, and cook quickly so white part sets up while yolk remains somewhat runny.
4. To assemble, make a stack in the following order (bottom to top): latke, tomato, fried egg (if using), 2 pieces crisp bacon, dollop aioli and sprinkling of chives. Serve with hot sauce (if you like) and salt and pepper.