This is a basic light and fluffy cheese quiche recipe. It lends itself easily to variations. Try sautéing an onion or sliced mushrooms, or adding broccoli, spinach, or even some red peppers for taste and color. Use your imagination and have fun!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded havarti cheese
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep-dish piecrust
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together half and half and eggs.
- Add salt, nutmeg, pepper, flour, and cheddar and havarti cheeses. Mix well.
- Pour into piecrust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until firm in center when pressed lightly with finger.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) - BUY NOW