This marinade works well for other high heat grilling steaks as well. Be sure to use low-sodium soy sauce or Bragg liquid amino acids so that your meat doesn’t end up too salty, since the thin steaks will really absorb the marinade.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 pounds Grow and Behold Korean Short Ribs
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup mirin
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Scallions, cilantro, lime, and/or fresh or hot chiles for serving (optional)
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag. Marinate meat at least 30 minutes, or overnight in the fridge.
2. To cook:
On the Grill: Grill over high heat 1-2 minutes until a sear forms; transfer to indirect heat for 10-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Allow to rest, partially covered, 5-10 minutes.
On the Stovetop: Heat olive oil in a cast-iron or stainless steal pan. Sear meat on both sides, 1-2 minutes per side, until crust forms. Reduce heat to low and allow meat to continue cooking over low heat until tender, 10-20 minutes.
3. Serve with freshly sliced scallions, chopped cilantro, slivers of peppers and/or lime juice to taste.
Recipe by Naftali Hanau