I always love to serve a salad with my meals, and this no mayo slaw features kohlrabi and carrots, feel free to add any other vegetables you have on hand and enjoy.
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 2 bulbs of kohlrabi peeled and shredded
- 4 carrots peeled and shredded
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of walnut oil or olive oil
- Juice from one small lemon
- Juice from one orange
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain or Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons of fresh dill
- 1/3 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (optional)
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Season to taste with salt, pepper and honey. Serve cold.
o toast the walnuts, bake them on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes until fragrant.