Olive spread is exceptionally good on bagels, but rye bread or crackers will do just as well. Make it on Monday and have a nice spread all week long.
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- 1 cup pitted black olives (Nicoise or black olives are also great)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse on and off to give a nice chunky texture. Can be made as smooth as you prefer.
Can be doubled or tripled.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator, up to a week