- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound TURKEY CUTLETS
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme and curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin, allspice, ginger and salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each paprika, cayenne and black pepper
- 4 small boiling onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 small (or 1 large) sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into approximately 4 x 1-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- vegetable spray
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 Gently pound cutlets to an even thickness.
2 Combine thyme, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, cumin, allspice, ground ginger, salt, paprika, cayenne and black pepper to make Jamaican spice mix. Sprinkle approximately 1/4 teaspoon Jamaican spices over both sides of cutlets, rubbing in spices.
3 Allow to stand while preparing vegetables and other ingredients.
4 In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and olive oil; toss in sweet potato wedges.
5 Lightly spray a 12 x 15-inch cookie sheet with vegetable spray; arrange sweet potato wedges on cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for 15 minutes.
6 Spray nonstick stovetop grill pan with vegetable spray; heat to medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes; arrange cutlets in pan; cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for additional 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
7 Toss onion wedges and green pepper cubes in grill pan, reducing heat to medium. Stir constantly, for 2- 3 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Add tomato wedges.
8 Pour in orange and lime juices, stirring to blend. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender.
9 Arrange vegetables around cutlets; rim platter with sweet potato wedges and serve.
Source: National Turkey Federation