- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 to 6 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5-ounce)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 slices baguette or Italian loaf
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup store bought pesto
Heat olive oil in a medium pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic and sauté 4 more minutes. Add broth, beans, orzo, tomatoes and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 14 to 18 minutes or until orzo is cooked and vegetables are tender.
Preheat oven to a low broil. Place sliced bread on a large sheet pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese on each slice of bread and broil on low until cheese is bubbly and bread is lightly browned.
To serve, ladle soup into 4 bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon pesto. Serve with cheese bread.