- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- Gefen Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup matzoh meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (no fish)
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly spray 4 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onions and peppers for 6 to 7 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, matzoh meal, salt, pepper, thyme,and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
- Add garlic to vegetables and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add vegetables to the ground beef mixture and mix until combined.
- Form into 4 balls and place in prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve in the ramekins with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes on the side.