- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (.3-Ounce) packet dried mushrooms
- 1 Teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 Pound TURKEY, raw and cut into thin strips
- 1 Large clove garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 Cups TURKEY BROTH or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2.25-Ounce) package oriental flavor ramen noodles
- 1/2 Cup carrots, peeled and julienne
- 1/2 Cup frozen peas
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 Cup green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
1 In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse; set aside,
2 In large deep saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add turkey, garlic, gingerroot and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until turkey is lightly browned.
3 Stir in turkey broth, noodles (discard flavor packet), carrots, peas, vinegar and reserved mushrooms. Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat and boil gently for 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
4 Stir in onions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Source: National Turkey Federation