I tested this recipe on my family the night my mom arrived from Philly for her annual Israel summer visit. Two ladies and five kids ka”h polished off this 2 pound side of salmon in a blink. Any recipe that has my kids eating and loving heart-healthy fish is a year- round winner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 2 pound side of salmon, skin on
- 2 cubes Gefen frozen crushed garlic or 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 generous tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Seared lemon halves for garnish
- 1/4 cup Gold's Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place salmon skin-side down on prepared pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, oil, and honey. Pour and brush glaze all over salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
To sear lemons: Cut lemons in half and sear cut-side down in a medium sauté pan over high heat for 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
To prepare sauce: In a small bowl whisk together mustard, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, and dill.
4. Serve salmon warm or at room temperature with dipping sauce, and seared lemon halves for garnish.