- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Pepper Sauce : 1/2 Cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Turkey Burgers :
- 1/3 Cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Pound LEAN GROUND TURKEY
- 4 Leaves lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
1 Transfer half of the pepper sauce to a large bowl and stir in oats. Set remaining sauce aside for basting. Crumble ground turkey over oat mixture and mix well.
2 Shape into four burgers.
3 Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Preheat grill for direct medium heat.
4 Grill burgers, 4 to 5 inches from the heat, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F, basting occasionally with Pepper Sauce.
5 Serve on lettuce lined buns.
Source: National Turkey Federation