Grilled sweet and juicy pineapple is great in savory dishes—especially paired with meats like hot dogs, chicken, and burgers.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Gold’s horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick rings
- 4 (1/4-inch thick) cored round slices fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (¼-pound) beef burger patties
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, horseradish, and ketchup and set aside.
Preheat grill to high heat. Rub onion and pineapple slices with olive oil and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until tender, but still holding their shape, then set aside. Meanwhile, season burger patties with salt and pepper and grill for 8 minutes per side for medium rare, or about 12 minutes per side for medium, or longer depending on desired doneness.
Let rest 4 minutes before assembling burgers.
Divide horseradish mayonnaise between 4 bottom buns. Top with lettuce, burger, grilled onion and pineapple. Add top bun and serve immediately.