- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Bring a large pot of water with a steamer basket to a boil, add green beans and steam for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
2 Toast the walnuts in a small dry skillet over a medium heat until they become fragrant, about 2 minutes, and then transfer them to a small bowl.
3 Add the parsley and onion to the walnuts and stir to combine
4 In another small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard.
5 Toss the dressing with the green beans, top with the walnut mixture and season with salt and pepper
6 Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: alifornia Walnut Board