Cardamom gives the grapefruit an exotic twist. And grapefruit gives salsa an exciting kick. This is a great accompaniment to barbecued meat, fish, matzah, or nacho chips.
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- ½ red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 large Florida grapefruit, peeled, with membrane removed, chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Toss all ingredients together.
Source: The Florida Department of Citrus