This is a great breakfast option you can prepare the night before. It’s nutrition-packed with the wonders of turmeric, plus chia, a great source of fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, and antioxidants, super antioxidant spices (among them glucose-regulating cinnamon),and raw honey with more antioxidants and enzymes. Please make sure you use good quality raw honey, and yes, you can add a bit more if you need to!
- Prep Time
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk, preferably with no carrageenan nor artificial additives
- 1 1/2 teaspoon raw honey, or to taste
- 1/2 inch peeled fresh turmeric, grated in the microplane or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch Himalayan or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Fresh fruit such as: raspberries, pomegranate arils, berries, kiwi, etc
1. In a medium bowl whisk the milk, honey, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom and salt until well incorporated.
2. Whisk in chia seeds making sure they are evenly distributed and that the seeds are not clumped together.
3. Divide into 2 serving bowls, mason jars or cups, and let set for 15 to 30 minutes until chia absorbs the liquid, expands and it all takes a pudding-like consistency. You can also cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Serve topped with fresh fruit.
- Use yogurt instead of the non dairy milk, or yes, just milk
- Top with nuts, seeds and/or granola, goji berries, shredded coconut, citrus zest, etc