- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced
- 2 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 lb. pea pods
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 10 shitake and/or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet or wok. Add garlic and ginger, and stir for approximately 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook in hot oil.
2 Remove chicken from skillet. Add vegetables and cook while stirring until tender crisp, sprinkle with pepper. Combine applesauce, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and chicken broth or water.
3 Add chicken to vegetables, add sauce mixture and cook until sauce is thickened and clear.
4 Add apples during last five minutes of preparation. Serve over steamed brown rice.
Source: U.S. Apple Association