- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6 servings ServingsServings
- 1 medium onion, :sliced
- 2 large carrots, :thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, do not peel, :sliced (optional)
- 1 gefilte fish loaf, :defrosted just enough to get paper wrapper off
- 2 teaspoons :dried oregano or if you have fresh herbs, a sprig or two of thyme and oregano
- 1/2 potato cut in quarters, optional, :I experimented doing this and I think it makes the fish less salty, which when you add the next ingredient it is sometimes too salty
- 1-15- ounce can :tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup :water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place half of sliced onions and carrots on bottom of a 9x9 glass oven proof baking dish.
- Add fish, then remaining carrots, onions, and zucchini placing some of the vegetables on top of fish and some on the side.
- Pour sauce on top of everything. Add water and sprinkle on seasonings.
- Place a potato wedge in each corner of the dish. (Potatoes are just for baking, I wouldn't serve them).
- Cover with parchment paper. (I like it, I know some people out there would use foil, I notice the tin flavor reacting with the tomato sauce so I use parchment).
- Place in preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.