The following is a slight variation on the first ice drink I ever created. The colors, flavors, and simplicity caught the attention of a publicist and helped me launch Mixed metaPours, my signature cocktail business! I think the colored ice cubes made of fruit juices were the key.
- Prep Time
- 2 ounces best-quality vodka, straight from the freezer*
- 3-5 assorted frozen fruit juice "cubes" in bright flavors/colors (Consider: orange, pomegranate, grape, kiwi, cranberry, blueberry, etc.)
- Tonic water
24-HOUR ADVANCE PREPARATION:
1. Fill several standard-size ice cube trays with an assortment of fruit juices.
2. Crack the cubes out of the trays and assemble a mix of assorted- color cubes in the bottom of clear, chilled highball glasses.
3. Top with iced vodka. Fill with tonic.
4. GARNISH: fruit segments or wedges in fruit cube flavors.
*A non-alcoholic version of this drink could be made by simply replacing the vodka and tonic with 7-Up or Ginger Ale.
As Seen In Joy of Kosher With Jamie Geller Magazine (Fall 2015) -Subscribe Now