This drink is the ideal reward for every guy willing to do the grilling on those hot, humid, summer afternoons. Keep the flavored ice cube trays full and you can whip one of these up in seconds!
- Prep Time
- makes 1 drinkServings
- 2 fresh kiwis
- 3-4 sprigs fresh spearmint
- 2 sugar cubes
- Tequila (white or silver)
- Key lime juice
- Fresh lemon, quartered
- Limeade (pre-sweetened or made with added sugar or honey)
- Salt (for rimming glasses)
1. Rim tall glass with lemon and salt (salt is optional, but excellent!)
2. Chop 2 cups ice cubes in a blender to a fine chunkiness. Set aside.
3. In a martini shaker, muddle the 2 peeled kiwis, spearmint sprigs, and 2 sugar cubes. Add 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila, 1 1⁄2 ounces key lime juice, juice from 1 quarter lemon, and the chopped ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
4. Pour mixture into lemon/salt rimmed glass. Fill with sweetened limeade. Stir.
5. Garnish with a tall straw.
NOTE: The tequila can easily be replaced with another fresh or concentrated, sweetened fruit juice that goes with limes. Sweetened lemonade is the most obvious choice and the drink color would then stay the same gorgeous chartreuse green!
As Seen In Joy of Kosher With Jamie Geller Magazine (Summer 2014) - Subscribe Now