This chocolatey mocha frozen cocktail is the ideal antidote to a hot summer afternoon, especially one spent swinging in the hammock. L'chaim.
- Prep Time
- 1 cocktailServings
- Strong brewed coffee or espresso (for ice cubes and for mixing)
- Chocolate syrup
- Whole milk or non-dairy creamer
- Brown sugar (or brown sugar cubes)
- Coffee (and/or chocolate Liqueur)
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Fill multiple 2” by 2” ice cube trays with strong coffee or espresso. Allow to freeze overnight (or longer).
2. Drizzle chocolate syrup around the base and sides of a tall glass.
3. Remove 2 coffee cubes from freezer tray along with one cup ice cubes. Place in a high sided, wide mouthed, tempered glass or plastic cylinder. Pour hot coffee or espresso over the iced ingredients to start the melting.
4. With an immersion blender, combine the melting coffee/ice with 1 cup milk or non-dairy creamer, 2 brown sugar cubes and 1-2 ounces of your favorite coffee and/or chocolate liqueur. Blend until slushy.
5. Pour into chocolaty glass, garnish with whipped cream (optional), and serve with a summer-style straw.
NOTE: If you don’t have an immersion blender (or a container high enough to contain the contents while blending), you can use a traditional blender; it just means more clean-up and less summer relaxation time!
As Seen In Joy of Kosher With Jamie Geller Magazine (Summer 2014) - Subscribe Now