- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup:butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup:sugar
- 2 egg:yolks
- 2 teaspoon:vanilla
- zest of 1:lemon
- 2-1/2 cups:sifted flour
- 1/8 teaspoon:salt
- 1/2 cup:raspberry preserves (I prefer seedless)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a bowl combine butter or margarine and sugar and beat until light.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and grated lemon rind.
- Fold in flour and salt.
- Form mixture into a ball; place in a plastic bag and chill one hour.
- Preheat oven 325.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Cut ball into 4 sections.
- Roll out one section at a time on lightly floured surface with a rolling pin.
- Use a small round cookie cutter to make rounds. Place the cookies on the greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let the cookies cool, I repeat, let the cookies cool to room temp.
- Spread preserves on half the cookies and top with the other half.
- In a bowl combine the 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and water.
- Drizzle the frosting over the cookies.
- Let cool before serving.
- Makes about 2 dozen
Cookie dough flavored with lemon peel sandwiched with raspberry preserves topped with a lemon icing.