Fried mozzarella always wins over a crowd at a party. I mean, it's FRIED MOZZARELLA! If you ask me, anything tastes 2 times as good when it's fried! These Gluten Free Fried Mozzarella Balls are the perfect appetizer to serve to your guests at your New Year's Eve party, and they will be so impressed that you made it yourself. This recipe uses gluten free breadcrumbs. You can make your own breadcrumbs from leftover gluten free bread or buy from the store. For optimal flavor, make sure that they are seasoned.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 40 ballsServings
- 1 cup gluten free flour, such as Blends by Orly Sydney Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup gluten free seasoned bread crumbs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Tomato sauce, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. Place gluten free flour, such as Sydney Blend, in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs.
4. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Working with 2 bocconcini at a time, dredge in flour, shaking off excess, coat in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
5. In a small saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high until pinch of breadcrumbs sizzles and floats to the top when added. Fry bocconcini, 4 at a time, until golden brown, turning occasionally, 2 minutes per batch.
6.With a slotted spoon, transfer balls to paper towels to drain and season with salt. Keep warm in oven and repeat with remaining bocconcini.
7. Serve with tomato sauce for dipping.
Recipe posted with permission from Blends by Orly.