Fried or baked eggplant rounds are a savory topper for burgers. They can also be used for eggplant parmigiana or just as a vegetable side dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 roundsServings
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1 ½-inch rounds
- Canola oil for frying
1. In a large frying pan, pour about an inch of oil.
2. Heat on medium-high heat until oil sizzles.
3. Fry eggplant for two to three minutes per side, until golden brown.
4. Drain on paper towels and top with salt.
5. Top on burger of choice for a creamy, flavorful addition.
Tip: You can roast the eggplant in the oven in place of frying. Preheat oven to 450°F to 500°F. Place eggplant rounds on parchment-lined tray. Drizzle with oil or cooking spray and roast until golden brown.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2015. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.