We’re giving these latkes a brunch spin. Top a latke with a fried egg, make it even more exciting with cheese and another latke. Serve them any time of day, but this sandwich is a great way to begin your day.
Start with a basic latke recipe, like Jamie's Crispy Latkes, then add the egg and cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 SlidersServings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices cheese, like cheddar, Swiss or mozzarella
- 16 latkes (link under photo)
- Garnish: hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a round cookie cutter with evoo.
2. If using leftover or cooled latkes, warm them in 400°F oven.
3. Add evoo to a large saute pan and place over medium high heat.
4. Place a cookie cutter in the pan. Gently pour egg into the center of the cookie cutter. Once the egg white is set, remove the cookie cutter and repeat. Top each egg with salt, pepper, and a slice of cheese.
5. Cook until the cheese has melted but the yolks have not set. Remove from pan and sandwich between 2 latkes. Serve immediately.