Delicious on salads, fish, sizzling steaks and chicken. Fried Capers add a pop of briny, fruitiness to any dish. Add them to your favorite meat and chicken dishes like our Chicken Piccata.
When frying capers, use only high quality extra virgin olive oil (we like Colavita), keep oil at/under 360°F, and monitor oil temperature as you’re frying (using a deep fry thermometer). Fried capers can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored covered at room temperature.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ CupServings
- 1 jar capers, nonpareil or large variety, drained and dried
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
1. Line a plate with several layers of paper towels.
2. Pour evoo in a small sauté pan and place over medium heat until the oil reaches 350°F with a deep fry thermometer.
3. Fry capers in batches for 2 to 3 minutes, until they split and are crispy. Transfer crispy capers to prepared plate. Use them to garnish your favorite meat or veggie dishes like our Chicken Piccata. Store at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days.