- 4 ServingsServings
- 16-20 ounce fresh tuna, 1-1/4" thick
- olive oil
- 12 small new potatoes
- 20-24 slim asparagus, cut up (2 cups)
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup imported olives, cut in half if large
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- radicchio leaves, optional, rinsed and dried
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, marjoram or thyme
- 2-4 hard cooked eggs, cut into 4 wedges
Preheat a grill, broiler or grill pan. Brush the tuna with a film of olive oil and grill, broil or pan-broil the fish about 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked but still rare.
Remove the fish from pan to a cutting board and carve into slices. Set aside to cool slightly.
Cook the potatoes in simmering water for about 15 minutes or until they are tender. About 2 minutes before they are done, add the asparagus. Drain the vegetables under cold water.
Cut the potatoes into bite size pieces and place them in a large bowl. Add the asparagus, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Toss gently to distribute the ingredients evenly.
Line 4 plates with the lettuce leaves and radicchio, if used. Combine the 6 tablespoons olive oil, wine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and oregano and mix well. Pour most of the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss the ingredients. Spoon equal amounts of the vegetable mixture on the plates. Top with the tuna slices. Surround with the egg quarters. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the tuna and egg.