This Fresh Basil Salad is packed full of delicious vegetables ranging from chicory, zucchini and carrots to radishes and cherry tomatoes. Top it off with slivered almonds and you have a fresh salad perfect for spring.
- Prep Time
- 6 oz. lettuce
- 6 oz. chicory
- 1 medium/large zucchini, julienned
- 2 small/medium carrots, julienned
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 long radish or 4 round radishes
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons slivered or thinly sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine lettuce, chicory, julienned zucchini and carrots,radishes, cherry tomatoes and slivered almonds in a bowl.
2. Whisk the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper together. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
3. Pour over vegetables.
4. Top with coarsely chopped basil leaves.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine May/June 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW