Enjoy these focaccias with a side salad and a glass of iced tea for a easy dinner.
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed, or 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Tomato Garlic Focaccia
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled by hand
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
Olive Rosemary Garlic Focaccia
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
Artichoke Onion Focaccia
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichokes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Brush 1-2 tablespoons olive oil onto a baking sheet. Press pizza dough into an 8- by 15-inch rectangle. Let dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make shallow indentations all over the dough with your fingertips, then brush dough with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt. Top with any of the ingredients listed above.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the bottom is golden brown.
Tomato Paste Tip
I find it so annoying when a recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and the rest goes in the garbage. A solution is to spoon 1-tablespoon portions of tomato paste onto a piece of plastic wrap. Freeze until firm. Place into zip-lock freezer bag. Store in freezer until the next time you need a tablespoon or two.