Persillade in its simplest form is a mix of chopped parsley, garlic, and vinegar and in fact persil means parsley in French. The recipes and variations are endless, but the idea and flavor is the same. Persillade adds a note or brightness and freshness to each dish. Similar to gremolata, chimichurri, pistou, and other herb mixes, persillade is an instant flavor enhancer.
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoonsServings
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
1. Mix zest, juice, parsley, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
2. Persillade is delicious over roasted vegetables, roasted fish, dolloped on chicken, pasta, potatoes. Serve immediately.