- 2 3⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon thyme
- 1 large egg plus one egg for glazing
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Fig jam
Fig and Thyme Jam
- 8 ounces dried figs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Pulse flour, starch, salt, and thyme in a food processor. Add egg, honey and coconut oil and pulse until just combined. Roll out dough 1⁄4-inch thick. Cut out rounds with a 3-inch cookie cutter or drinking glass. Transfer to a baking sheet. Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each round and fold up edges to form a triangle. Glaze with a beaten egg and bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on a rack.
3. Place ingredients in a sauce-pan and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until figs soften, about twenty minutes, and combine in a food processor until smooth.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW