Take advantage of one of the seasons sweetest treats – figs! They are delicious cooked or raw and this salad combines them with the saltiness of blue cheese and sweetness of reduced balsamic vinegar in a simple yet beautiful starter.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup Bartenura balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup baby red leaf lettuce, torn
- 5 figs, halved
- 1/4 cup Danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small saucepan, reduce balsamic vinegar by simmering over medium low heat for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
In a bowl, combine lettuce, figs, cheese, hazelnuts and olive oil. Divide between two plates or bowls and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Season with salt and pepper to taste.