- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1-1/2 inches thick
- 5 to 6 green onions, white part only, cut into 1-inch piecesMarinade:
- 1/2 cup country Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons bottled minced or fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
1 In large shallow bowl, combine marinade ingredients; whisk until blended. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup for basting. Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
2 Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread an equal amount of beef and green onion pieces onto each of four 12-inch metal skewers.
3 Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, basting frequently with reserved 1/2 cup marinade and turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
Source: Fiery Beef Satay Skewers Meat Shabbat Appetizer, Main Asian, Thai www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com