Use Grow and Behold Thin-Cut Beef Bacon for this recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 14 doughnutsServings
- 14 plain, unglazed doughnuts
- 8 slices of Grow and Behold Thin-Cut Beef Bacon
- 6 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of non-dairy milk (almond milk, soy milk, or cashew milk would work well here)
- ½ teaspoon of maple extract
- 2 ½ to 3 cups of icing sugar
1. Cook the beef bacon over a medium heat, until crisp. Place them on a paper towel while you assemble the rest of the glaze.
2. Mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract, milk, maple extract, and icing sugar until very smooth (it should be a medium-thick consistency) and add more milk or icing sugar if it’s too runny or thick. Place in fridge until ready to use.
3. Once the beef bacon has cooled down a bit, crumble into smaller pieces. Then, when you are ready to glaze your doughnuts, dip one side of doughnuts in icing, then sprinkle with bacon pieces. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Crumb Kitchen.