My husband asked for tacos one night and we decided that we wanted to use some of our "fancy cheese" -- aka The Cheese Guy's products -- so we used fake meat, with surprisingly tasty results
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- 4 Tacos or tortillas
- 1/4 cup Shredding cheese We used The Cheese Guy's Pecorino Romano
- 1 Avocado
- 1 can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Ear of corn, kernels sliced off or one small can
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cracked black peppr
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 4 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 bag MorningStar Crumblers
In a small saucepan combined sliced tomatoes, black beans, and corn and put under a medium-low heat, covered.
While it warms, slice mushrooms and saute in a second saucepan with oil. When the mushrooms have released almost all of their juices, add half the bag of MorningStar crumblers. Saute until the mushrooms and crumblers warmed and browned.
Pile on the crumblers/mushrooms and drained black bean, corn and tomatoes on top of a taco or tortilla (we used whole wheat) with shredding cheese and avocado.