A variety of spices (curry, cumin, chili, paprika and more) along with dried apricots all sauted together with chunks of turkey make for a fine dinner of curried turkey thighs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey thigh meat, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3/4 cup broth
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water
- Cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Salt to taste
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey cubes and cook 3-5 minutes until browned.
2. Remove turkey from skillet and lower heat to medium.
3. Saute garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon water or broth if pan dries out. Add all seasonings, mixing well.
4. Pour in broth, stirring constantly. Heat to boiling, then return turkey to pan. Reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer approximately 1 hour, until turkey is tender.
5. Add apricots, pepper and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water. Add to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
Serve over rice.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.