Use this method to create pappardelle-style noodles for salads or “pasta” dishes.
- Prep Time
- 2 English cucumbers (do not peel)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 chili pepper, seeds and veins removed, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, for garnish
1. Cut off the ends of both cucumbers and slice into thirds.
2. Using the ribbon blade, spiralize the cucumber pieces into ribbons.
3. Cut the ribbons into smaller bite-size pieces and place on paper towels to remove some of the moisture while you prepare the dressing.
4. For the dressing, finely mince the ginger, garlic, and chili pepper in a food processor, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
5. Add the almond butter, lime juice, coconut milk, and salt and blend until smooth.
6. Spread the cucumber ribbons out on a platter and top with scallions.
7. Drizzle the almond butter dressing over the salad and garnish with sliced almonds.
8. Serve immediately, as the cucumbers will release moisture which can water down the dressing.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Spring 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW