This slaw uses pickled red onion as the dressing and is an update on the classic sweet and sour cucumber salad.
- Prep Time
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white vinegar (wine/balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
1. Place onions in a non-reactive bowl, such as a glass Pyrex dish.
2. Pour vinegar, sugar, salt, and oil over onions.
3. Allow to sit for at least one hour.
4. Pour over cucumbers and dill.
Can be made up to 48 hours before serving.
Make double or triple batches of the pickled red onion dressing and reserve as a topping for burgers or tacos.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.