- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 5 tablespoons:butter
- 1/2 pound:mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup:finely crushed matzo
- 3/4 cup:chopped green onions
- 2 cups:shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup:cottage cheese
- 3 :eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon:cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon:paprika
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the matzo.
- When the mixture is cool press it into bottom and sides of greased 9" pie plate.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add and sauté green onions quickly.
- Spread the green onions over crust and then sprinkle the cheese on top of the onions.
- In blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, and cayenne pepper. Blend well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mushroom crust. Sprinkle the top with paprika.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until done. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6.