I know you'll love this flavorful noodle salad brimming with veg. It makes a perfect weekday pack along lunch for work, school, picnics or even travel. You will make everyone jealous when you open up this for lunch.
Busy Mom tip: Start the noodles in boiling water and at the end of the cook time, add the edamame and peas directly to the noodles (they will cook in just a minute or 2) and drain together.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ounces buckwheat soba noodles, cooked
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup frozen and cooked al dente shelled edamame
- ¼ cup frozen and cooked peas
- Add-ins: sliced hard-boiled egg, sliced chicken, sliced turkey, leftover brisket, cooked pea-pods, sliced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine noodles, cucumber, carrot, radishes, sesame seeds, edamame, and peas in a bowl.
2. Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, orange juice, ginger, and evoo together in a separate bowl. Extra vinaigrette can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
3. Toss vinaigrette with salad and transfer salad to individual containers. Add toppings of your choice.