And now for something totally different - potato croquettes. Recommended to make a double batch from the start. During Passover substitute matzo meal for bread crumbs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 4 large Russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk or non dairy substitute
- 2 teaspoons chives, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Grate potatoes and onion in food processor and transfer to large bowl, or grate the potatoes and onion by hand directly into a large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients to make a thick batter. If the batter is too thin, add more bread crumbs until you can easily pick the batter up in your hands.
3. Form into 4 to 6 pancakes.
4. Heat a skillet with 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or regular margarine or vegetable oil until the fat is hot. Add the croquettes a few at a time in order not to crowd the skillet.
5. Cook on both sides until brown and thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Keep warm on paper towels in a very low (200 degree) oven.