The bright flavors of this vinaigrette really make a salad POP. Because it is a puree, I like to spread the vinaigrette on the bottom of a platter, arrange my salad ingredients on top of it and then dress the top of the ingredients very simply with really good extra-virgin olive oil and sea salt. That way, the leaves do not become soggy and overdressed.
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of cranberries
- 1 cup cooked cranberries
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnut oil (or canola oil if there is a nut allergy)
1. In a saucepan, combine water and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to boil.
2. Add cranberries, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until skins pop.
3. To gel sauce, cool completely at room temperature, refrigerate until firm.
1. Mix all ingredients together and keep in a sealable jar until ready to use.
Great on a Poached Pear Salad.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Fall 2012. Subscribe Now.