I love quinoa all year long, but it makes Passover cooking just a bit easier. These are SO good and easy! A little sweet, a little savory, healthy and rich tasting thanks to our friend Temp Tee.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 medium zucchini, washed
- Salt and pPepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed (makes about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup kosher for Passover dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin
- 4 ounces Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, diced
1. Line a baking sheet with foil and pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Halve each zucchini lengthwise and scoop out any seeds. There should be about 1/4 inch of zucchini left on all sides.
3. Drizzle the inside of zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper then turn zucchini over so they are skin side up.
4. Roast zucchini skin side up on the cookie sheet for about 12 minutes until slightly softened, then flip the zucchini back over.
5. Meanwhile, cook quinoa. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a small stockpot and then lower to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes until tender and then fluff with a fork.
6. Immediately mix in spinach so it wilts. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Then mix in cranberries, scallions and Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Put filling in each of the zucchini halves filling evenly until each one is full.
8. Bake for 5-7 minutes until filling is heated through. Garnish with roasted walnuts and serve warm!