Cranberry peach sangria can be enjoyed all year long. If peaches aren’t in season, you can buy frozen peaches. When cranberries are in season each fall, be sure to buy a few extra bags and freeze them so you have them on hand year-round!
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (750-ml/26-fluid ounces) light bodied red wine (Sangiovese, Tempranillo)
- 1/2 cup Cointreau, Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 peaches, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen cranberries (optional)
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the water to create a simple syrup.
2. Combine simple syrup, wine, Cointreau, cranberry juice, peaches and orange slices in a large pitcher and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours, then refrigerate until chilled.
3. When chilled and ready to serve, add frozen cranberries.